Autumn Background

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In the beginning...


It all began on September 2, 2006 at 8:24 a.m.. A new life entered the world. Sent to me by the grace of God. An answered prayer. Little did I know how much he would change my outlook on life.

Of course, I had all of the first time mommy concerns : What kind of diapers, cloth or disposable? Do I let him cry or do I pick him up? I had read so many books in preparation and for the most part I was prepared. What I wasn't prepared for were the other questions and interests that began forming in my mind : Should I feed him organic foods or conventional foods? Why would I want to feed my baby food treated with pesticides? The shampoos and lotions I'm applying to his skin, how are they affecting him and what is being absorbed into his blood stream?

Thus began my journey into natural and Traditional Homemaking. I made small changes in the beginning like buying organic whole foods and shampoos with safer ingredients. Slowly, bit by bit, I am making changes in our lives that are making a big difference. I'm not sure where this journey is taking me, but I'd love for you to come along for the ride. You may even see a few things that you would be interested in implementing in your life.

I plan to present you with natural recipes, ideas and tips that will bring you closer to a more simple, natural and traditional life. That we may be as healthy as possible and ready to serve our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Adrienne. I'm a Christian woman, wife to a hunter and mother to a precious gift from God. I believe that we need to get back to our roots and enjoy the simple things in life.